Walking into a new and brighter life.

Walking into a new and brighter life.

The healthy me

The healthy me

Finding your way around

~*~ You can look on the right hand side of this page and see what the catagories are, or you can just scroll down until you find what you're looking for ~*~ To leave a comment you need to sign up for a google account. It's quick and easy and they expect nothing else from you. LoL

This I know.................

This I know.................

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.

It's been 8 days since my last blog.  I kept thinking I should blog, but was kind of waiting until I heard any news before I came here to share.
I have been so tired.  I just have to make myself get up to do anything.  I have been taking my nighttime meds and going to bed a couple hours early just to 1: get the day over with.  And, 2: because I am so tired that I have a hard time staying awake.

Last Friday I called my Respiratory Therapist to find out if there had been any news.  Their office was closed, so I left a fairly long message asking if they had heard anything?  Reminding her that she said 2 weeks.  I told her I had called my insurance company which said they have had no requests come through for me at all.  I told her I was trying to be patient but I really needed some news, any news would help.

Monday morning I got a call from her and she explained that my paperwork was sent to the wrong place and she is tracking it down, that I should hear pretty soon.

Yesterday I got a call from Stanford.  The new patient nurse explained my file had somehow been faxed to a different part of the hospital and she just got it.  She told me they would look over it and get in touch with me for a consultation.
I asked her about a Respiratory Rehab Class?  That there was not one within an hour of where I live.  She explained that they overlook that there.  That it is important because it helps patients get in shape and exercise their lungs and for those that need it they lose weight also.
I asked her what the weight on my chart said, and she told me at the weight listed I didn't qualify for surgery there.  She said my chart read 197.  I am not sure how old those charts are, but I told her I am at 185 now and still losing, and have begun to exercise again (even if it's only 5 minutes at a time).  That I have went from a 22 pant size to a 16 and those are beginning to get lose.

She said that made all the difference and now they would be scheduling a 3 day evaluation and tests.  That now they will begin with the financial part.... Meaning they will get in touch with my insurance company.
SHE told me that I should be hearing from them within 2 weeks.

That darned 2 week # kills me!  I think just the fact I have shown that I will continue on with my weight loss and am not a patient that will sit there and not do ALL it takes to qualify helped me.  So, the next 2 weeks I am pushing myself.

My primary care Dr.'s nurse called me last night and told me my blood work (a week ago) showed my Iron level is really low, so I am going to the pharmacy this afternoon and pick it up.  She said I will do fine on it, except it will cause constipation.  Can't the drug companies ever make anything that doesn't cause constipation?  LoL....  No worries, I just upped my laxative's.

This week I have no Dr.'s appointments.  Next week I have a primary care doctor's appointment and a EKG at the hospital and an appointment with my cardiologist.

In the meantime I have enjoyed going to Church every Sunday.  There is a woman there who has helped me with scripture and some homework on growing and trusting the lord.  I took Layla last Sunday to Sunday school and she said she really liked it.  We'll see if she wants to go again this week.

So... there you have it.  A little whining, a little frustration... but I am trying to learn how to let all that go and have Jesus take that on him and away from me.

I will update again as soon as I hear anything.

4 comments:

gardener said...

Hi Kelli, i know how difficult this is to wait all the time and there must be a purpose for it whether it's so you lose more weight or to get you in better shape. i'm glad you're learning to put your trust in the Lord. i wear a mustard seed with my cross as that's one of my favorite quotes of Jesus "if you had the faith of a mustard seed you could say to this mountain move and it would be moved!: i think i paraphased there a bit but what he's telling us if we have faith as much as a tiny mustard seed we can look for miracles! ask, believe and receive. just keep envisioning yourself free from this illness and repairing and being healthy. we become what we think which basically is what Jesus was saying! i pray for you all the time and know your time will come! hugs and love to you my friend! Donna

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Donna. I remember my mom years ago telling me that about the mustard seed. I'll have to ask about it to Anne (my new mentor in Jesus).

I love you for checking on me, and always being right there to comfort me during hard times. ((((Hugs to you my friend))))

Aluminum Composite Panel said...

First time I visit this blog. I found here a very nice article here... Thanks to blogger.

Tensile Membrane Structure Manufacturer said...

Definition of As I live and breathe! in the Idioms Dictionary. As I live and breathe! phrase. What does As I live and breathe!